what to do if a person never recieve his settlement from the company.

UPDATED: May 21, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 21, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what to do if a person never recieve his settlement from the company.

accident in 1986 hurt while working with western waste co,still not working total disability.settlement offer in 2ooo with no medical ,$300 thousand refuse offer.no more offers since its 2009 now,what can i do now,noone has contacted me since,and i need the case to be settle as soon as possible,no phone calls, no letters, no information about the case,no communication from the lawyer,now what.

Asked on May 21, 2009 under Personal Injury, California


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Is this a worker's compensation claim? 

In any event, I would call your lawyer and make an appointment to see him.  There is no reason that they should be ignoring you.  If you have to leave a message, then leave one and write a letter to him asking for a phone call/meeting to discuss status of your case.  If you have no luck and this is a worker's comp case, then call a new lawyer to get involved.  I do not know the extent of your injuries or status of case, but you should not just sit around.  Take action immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption