What should i expect when my fiance goes to court tommorow?

UPDATED: Jun 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 15, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should i expect when my fiance goes to court tommorow?

My fiance broke his parole by getting caught with less than 20 grams of weed and a pipe. Will he got to jail? If so how long?

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It's hard to say whether or not he will go back to jail.  One thing that I do know is that parole and drug possession don't mix. 

In Florida possession of under 20 grams is a misdemeanor.  Parole could certainly be revoked for this.  A lot will have to do with his attitude, his PO's report to the court, the offense he was on parole for, and the circumstances surrounding this arrest.

You should get him an attorney.  If money is an issue try legal aid or the public defender to see if they can help.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption