what should i expect to happen,after being questioned by deputies 2 days ago.

UPDATED: May 23, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 23, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what should i expect to happen,after being questioned by deputies 2 days ago.

i am a homeowner in harris cty,tx. i videoed 2-14yr olds groping & making out in front of my home on 2 occasions.burned dvd of video,gave it to parents of 14yr old girl.deputies came to my home,questioned me,at length,why i made dvd,did i find it pleasurable/exciting,how do i feel about them searching my house,prior arrests,etc. i told them i was ok w/them searching house/nothing they should be aware of. they did not search. 1 deputy was consulting paperback sized law book.they told me”we’re not saying this is over,we’re not saying this is not over,delete the video from your computer”

Asked on May 23, 2009 under Family Law, Texas


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You should definitely not video tape anyone anymore. When you taped the teenagers, the parents probably became concerned about why you were doing that. You may have been doing it to inform the parents of what the teens were doing in front of your home, but they took it another way (something sexual).

The deputies also seemed to be implying something sexual as evidenced by the questions they asked you. All you can do is hope that the issue is over and that you never hear from the police again. But if you do, consult a criminal defense lawyer in your state.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption