what should I do, sue the hosptial?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what should I do, sue the hosptial?

My mother was rushed to the E.R. and ripped the I.V. cord out of her vein in panic. The staff subdued her with restraints and sedatives, then tied her to a bed for 24 hours without changing or feeding her. I noticed that the I.V. machine read

Asked on October 16, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Speak to a medical malpractice attorney--what you describe suggests that it would be well worth your while to consult with one. It well be malpractice if the staff's actions (the long-period of restraint; the bubbles in the I.V. drip; etc.) contributed to or caused your mother's death. Based on what you write, we don't know that it--but it may have. A malpractice attorney will know how to consult with a doctor to confirm whether the staff's actions helped lead to your mother's death; if they did, then you may have a viable lawsuit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption