What should I do about a notice I got that says Imay be evicted?

UPDATED: Nov 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do about a notice I got that says Imay be evicted?

I have lived in my apartment for over 2 years. Never had any problems. A new manager started 6 months ago and she saw my daughter’s father after he had been drinking 2 times. He was living here but he has moved and sent her a copy of his lease. He came over the last time and was drunk and I sent him away and she happened to see him for the 3rd time. She called the police but no law was broken. What can I do to stop this?

Asked on November 29, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you are having problems with your daughter's father showing up at your apartment complex under the influence of alcohol you need to do the following:

1. have a talk with him advising that he cannot show up at your complex under the influence of alcohol;

2. have a meeting with the apartment manager as to the best way to resolve the father's appearance at the complex in the condition he has been in;

3. consult with a family law attorney about the possibility of obtaining a restraining order against the father from showing up at your complex.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption