what rights do i have in court for a handyman to sue for nonpayment of services

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what rights do i have in court for a handyman to sue for nonpayment of services

In the state of AZ. there is no type of licence to be a handyman. I worked for a
private individual, and while i was working he kept interfering with the job. He
had me stop in the middle of the job because the project was messed up,because of
something he did to the work. He also stated other concerns which i didnt ignore
and tried to address those concerns. when he wouldnt let me he had me stop
production altogether, i was half way through the project and he refuses to pay
me the labor i have in the job.

Asked on November 29, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue your employer for breach of contract / account stated.
Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would be the amount you are owed.
Depending on the amount of your damages, you  may be able to file your lawsuit in small claims court. Upon prevailing in the case, you can also recover court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.  You can enforce a court judgment in your favor with a wage garnishment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption