What recourse do I have against a company which never delivered what it promised?

UPDATED: Jul 10, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 10, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What recourse do I have against a company which never delivered what it promised?

We own a salon/spa and last year we paid for advertising with a company that was to put our company on a military web site it never happened. I then filed a complaint with BBB I have contacted company after many attempts finally they said they would refund money apporx. $750, this was 3 months ago and still no word from them.

Asked on July 10, 2012 under Business Law, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The you may want to bring them to small claims court to sue them for the return of the money.  They breached the agreement and for return of a monetary amount of that amount it may be a good venue for you.  If you wanted to compel them to act on the agreement then small claims court would not really work.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption