What legally can I do to damages for lost vacation time in a cabin that was doubled book?

UPDATED: Jul 10, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 10, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What legally can I do to damages for lost vacation time in a cabin that was doubled book?

I rented a cabin for next week. I sent a deposit check with a rental agreement to the owner 5 months ago. However, the owner just emailed me that I was to check in on the 7th but my vacation is on the 14th (not the 7th). On my deposit check I wrote cabin rental the14th-21st; the rental agreement also says the same. The owner claims that he did not recieve the front copy of the rental agreement but wrote on the the 2nd page of agreement the dates of the 7th-14th. What damages can I recover?

Asked on July 10, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Wisconsin


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country you have no damages to complain about for lost vacation time because you are unable to book the cabin that you want for the time period you asked for due to the cabin's owner's apparent mistake on booking.

You still have your vacation time. You just cannot use it for the cabin you desired.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption