What kind of motion can I file for a case that has a federal hold on it?

UPDATED: Apr 22, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 22, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What kind of motion can I file for a case that has a federal hold on it?

Incident happen where friend was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon. He has no felony but the person he was with does and when they were caught it was by the fbi and tbi. So, they are trying to pick up the case. can they pick up the case? And can they charge my friend if he has no prior felony? and they have put a hold on the case so what can we do? to take hold off?

Asked on April 22, 2009 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

First and foremost, I know it sounds like you want to help your friend but you are not doing him any good by trying to do this on your own.  It doesn't matter if a person has no prior, he can be charged with a felony.  The FBI probably want to pick it up because of the federal implications this case may have. 

If you want to help your friend, try www.attorneypages.com and/or the Tennessee State Bar to find a criminal defense attorney who has experience with federal holds.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption