What is the best way to protect my idea for producing a specialized card game?

UPDATED: Jan 2, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 2, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the best way to protect my idea for producing a specialized card game?

Protecting products for an LLC. How do I keep it protected as I make changes to it during the design and testing process? How do I keep it protected as I take the product into other states or countries?

Asked on January 2, 2012 under Business Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The best way to protect your idea for producing a specialized card game is to first meet with an intellectual law attorney specializing in copyright law or patent law. Possibly you can copyright or patent your specialized card game.

If that is not an option, you can have whomever views your idea sign a specific and detailed agreement with you to not disclose any component of the concept that you are demonstrating to them with a liquidated damages provision within the document in the event of the breach that they would be responsible for to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption