What is recourse when ex biz partner calls your active prspective clients and tells them they will be sued if the do biz with me & charc lies, pedfile

UPDATED: May 19, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 19, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is recourse when ex biz partner calls your active prspective clients and tells them they will be sued if the do biz with me & charc lies, pedfile

Ex biz partner called prospects and told thm if they do biz with me she will sue them along with me?? I’m not being sued, that I know of. She also told them that I’m a child pornographer. She voluntarily turned the biz over to me in Dec when she was personally being sued by her mortgage company and cmpromised the ability of the biz to do biz. My biz is a licensed corp, certified dbe, sbe, woman owned, and veteran owned. she is a woman scorned (the corporation has not made one penny as of yet – she was the marketing person) because she knows i will keep working until it is successful!

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Business Law, Arizona


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Go and see an attorney about the two issues that pop out from your question:  suing your ex-partner for defamation and getting some type of restraining order against her to stop her from calling people.  Sometimes just a letter from an attorney telling her to cease what she is doing and indicating that you will sue her for defamation of character is enough.  Sometimes not.  If you have a partnership agreement bring it with you.  There may be a remedy that was built in to it that the attorney can use as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption