What if I do not agree with what the Dallas County, TX auto accidentinsurance company wants to settle for?

UPDATED: Mar 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 25, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What if I do not agree with what the Dallas County, TX auto accidentinsurance company wants to settle for?

I was involved in a car accident  in Dallas County, TX with a drunk driver, and I only suffered minor injuries. What are my options if I do not agree with the amount his insurance wants to settle for? I do not want to sue him, but I do want to cover the damages that were caused.

Asked on March 25, 2009 under Accident Law, Texas


BP, Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You do not have to accept the other insurance company’s settlement offer, but you may have to file a lawsuit against them if they’re not willing to go any higher.  You may want to speak with an experienced Dallas County, TX auto accident or insurance attorney about your situation as insurance companies may offer more when they think a lawsuit may be possible – especially in a situation like this where drunk driving was involved.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption