What happens when a F43 visa holder comes to the U.S. without being accompanied by a F41 visa holder?

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What happens when a F43 visa holder comes to the U.S. without being accompanied by a F41 visa holder?

Is there any way around it if the primary holder was not able to board the plane with his children due to unforeseen circumstances?

Asked on July 1, 2014 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If the children still have their visas and the visas are valid, the children can travel to the US with their valid visas.  If the children are not able to travel to the US alone, then the primary visa holder can go back and return to the US with the children.  If the primary visa holder has already entered the US, then he/she is a green card holder so he/she would not need a visa to travel internationally again but would be able to return to the US with the temporary stamp in the passport or the actual green card which should have arrived about 3 weeks after entry to the US.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption