What happens when a car turns into you while your passing the car in a passing zone without giving adequate notice with his turn signal?

UPDATED: May 19, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 19, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What happens when a car turns into you while your passing the car in a passing zone without giving adequate notice with his turn signal?

There was a vehicle in the distance with it’s flashers on and I noticed it was in a passing zone and there was not any cars coming in the opposite direction so I proceeded to make my pass when the car apparently turned off his flashers, or they automatically went off, and without adeqate notice turned on his turn signal and immediately turned left into the passing zone causing me to collide into them. I did give adequate notice with my turn signal when changing to the passing lane but he still didn’t see me. He is trying to blame me but he didn’t make a safe turn in a passing zone.

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Accident Law, North Carolina


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You may have to take this one to court, if there are significant damages that aren't covered by insurance, or serious injuries to anyone.  What seems like a relatively simple traffic accident sometimes isn't anything at all simple, especially when the different drivers' versions of what happened might make you wonder if somehow they are talking about different collisions.  One place to look for the qualified attorney you need is our website, http://attorneypages.com


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption