What evidence can be used to prove that my wife is committing adultery?

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What evidence can be used to prove that my wife is committing adultery?

I caught my wife’s vehicle at and old boyfriends house overnight yet she was out of town with him. what other ways can i prove that she is committing adultery? she talks to this guy for a long time over the phone at all hours of the day and night she messages him on Facebook and she sends texts all the time no matter what time it is.

Asked on August 11, 2012 under Family Law, South Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your situation.  You can hire an private investigator to follow them and to take pictures.  But those pictures - as well as the things you have described here - may be just circumstantial evidence.  And that may be enough.  But you need to speak with an attorney there on the matter and state case law.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption