What do you do when you are in an accident and blame is placed on you but you disagree?

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do you do when you are in an accident and blame is placed on you but you disagree?

I wanted to know if parking enforcer arrived to the seen and stated it was my fault because I didn’t yield to the right of way (which I did). I asked why was I spun in a 180 turn and was hit on the rear passenger. I stated based on impact the other party was speeding, the mph is 25; no traffic lights were there. The parking officer stated that was irrelevant. Is that true.

Asked on September 11, 2011 under Accident Law, Tennessee


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The parking officer in your situation is not the judge or jury regarding the incident that you were involved in. From what you have written, this person did not even witness the accident. If the traffic enforcer did not witness the incident and did not take any measurements as to the vehicles in the accident, this person has no basis to give an "expert opinion" concerning the accident.

Since you were in an accident, you need to contact your automobile insurance company and report the incident to the claims representative. Most likely you will be requested to provide a statement as part of the investigation to a person representing your insurance carrier.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption