What do I put on an application that asks about an arrest record if my only record is as a juvenile and I have no adult record?

UPDATED: May 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 8, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I put on an application that asks about an arrest record if my only record is as a juvenile and I have no adult record?

I am 29 years old. I am confused as to how much information I legally owe my employer or potential school about my juvenile record. My juvenile probation officer told me that as a juvenile you are detained which is different than being arrested and you, therefore, owe no one that information once you are an adult because no one can see your juvenile charges anymore. I have no adult record. Juvenile charges are: petty theft, battery, purchase of cannabis, resisting arrest w/violence, depriving of means, trespass of public school grounds. Adjudication was withheld.

Asked on May 8, 2012 under Criminal Law, Florida


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Most employers are not that concerned with juvenile criminal records or arrest records. The good news is that it appers that you do not have an adult criminal record because that is what most employers want you to disclose. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption