What can we do when trash is included in rentbut they haven’t paid for it to be picked upin 2 weeks?

UPDATED: Nov 2, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can we do when trash is included in rentbut they haven’t paid for it to be picked upin 2 weeks?

How can we make a landlord pay trash bill so we get trash picked up; it’s included in rent?

Asked on November 2, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If your landlord has not paid for the trash pick up that is included in your rent that you have paid for, you need to write the landlord a letter stating your concerns about the situation in that you need the trash picked up since you are paying for it.

If the landlord is unwilling to pay for the trash pick up, I would offer to pay the amount directly to the trash company and reduce the monthly charge for rent to the landlord by that amount. Wait to see what his or her response is and act accordingly.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption