What can I legally do to help my fiance get back into the US sooner?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I legally do to help my fiance get back into the US sooner?

My fianc and son’s father has been in Trinidad and New Link Destination
gabo for almost 3 years waiting for

them to renew his green card application. I have been through 2 medical situations and

he hasn’t been here to support me. We had no idea it would have taken this long. I am at my

wits end. Is there anything that I can do to help the matter?

Asked on April 25, 2016 under Immigration Law, New Jersey


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Can you please clarify what you mean by renewing his green card application?  What does that mean?  Is he already a green card holder?  If so, what is the issue?  If he is not yet a green card holder, what exactly is he applying for or renewing?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption