What can I expect after turning myself in approximately 3 months after an F.T.A?

UPDATED: Oct 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 27, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I expect after turning myself in approximately 3 months after an F.T.A?

Original charges were felony harassment and felony trespass. I was drunk, walked into wrong dorm room andwouldn’t leave. On day of sentencing I missed court because of distance and haven’t turned myself in for 3 months. I haven’t done well in pre-trial, failing several b.a’s, but I haven’t done required testing for 3 months because I moved away from original county and pretrial officer wouldn’t answer my calls. What can I expect after turning myself in? I saw the person involved in the case on the last day of school and they didn’t care at all about incident. Will the judge care about that? Added charges? Jail time or prison sentence? Plea agreement?Should I speak with a criminal law attorney? In Denver, CO.

Asked on October 27, 2011 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you failed to personally attend the last hearing date on your criminal matter, there is most likely a bench warrant out for your arrest. If you are picke dup on this bench warrant, you will be sent to jail and will have to appear in court for the failure to appear unless you can post bail.

I recommend that given the criminal charges against you and the failure to appear in court at the last hearing that you immediately retain a criminal defense attorney to assist you before your challenging situation becomes worse.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption