What canI do to get my ex-wife to stop playing games with me about my children?

UPDATED: Nov 14, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 14, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What canI do to get my ex-wife to stop playing games with me about my children?

My ex-wife is constantly playing games and harassing me. She also threatens me with my children and is constantly calling the cops on me. I am not doing anything wrong. For an example: I am not able to take the children home or I ask her to call back because the children are “busy: at the moment. She gets mad and calls the police all the time. She is also lackingwith what our children need medically; our 5 year old son talks like he is 2 and is very hard to understand butshe refuses to take him to the doctor. I have called DCFS on her and they never do anything.

Asked on November 14, 2011 under Family Law, Illinois


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to immediately talk to an attorney to a) file a contempt motion on her, b) file for full custody and get these children evaluated while in your care and c) render her an unfit parent and see if her parental rights can be stripped. The court may then be mandated to have criminal charges filed agains her for possible neglect. Work with your childrens' school to see if they can get your child evaluated for learning disabilities or development delays. She is also in contempt regarding your visitation rights, which is yet another reason you should simply obtain full custody of the children, and have child support taken away since you would be taking care of them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption