What can i do to clear this up?

UPDATED: May 27, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can i do to clear this up?

We live in California and my husband went out to indiana to workback in 2008 and went to jail for public intoxication, i bailed him out and he didnt go back for his scheduled court date , and now he has a bench warrant. how do we take care of this?

Asked on May 27, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Your husband may have to go back to Indiana to deal with the charge, and I'd recommend talking to a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, who can give you reliable advice once he or she has all of the facts.  One place to look for an attorney is our website, http://attorneypages.com

I don't know Indiana procedure for a misdemeanor charge like this, but it may be possible to have the warrant withdrawn by posting bail, and you might be able to do that from where you are.  It might also be possible to plead guilty and pay the fine without having to actually go back there, you'll have to ask your lawyer, or the court, for the details.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption