What can I do Legally against HHGREG?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do Legally against HHGREG?

I purchased a washer and dryer for a new home. The installers did not properly fasten the hot water hose causing a minor flood in the area. Which caused our floors to buckle and detach. They are giving me the runaround. No one is giving me answers they sent people twice for pictures and have yet to tell me how they are going to resolve this issue. They asked me to get an estimate for the floor in which I did and turned over to them this past Monday. What can I do to assure this will get repaired?

Asked on December 21, 2016 under Business Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue them for having negligently, or carelessly, damaged and destroyed your property. That is how you get payment from people who carelessly cause you financial losses or damage, and is, in fact, the only way to get payment from them if they choose to not compensate you for all your costs voluntarily. If the cost to repair is less than the limit for small claims court, suing in small claims, as your own attorney (or "pro se") is a very good option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption