What can I do if I’ve been wrongfully terminated?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

If you’re a non-governmental employee, you could consider filing a wrongful termination action. Wrongful termination claims are based on one or more of the following concepts:

If you are a union employee covered under a collective bargaining agreement, consult with your union about filing a grievance to challenge your termination. A government employee may have a property interest in his/her job which cannot be taken away without sufficient cause as determined by a court of law.

If you succeed in your claim or grievance, your employer might have to pay back wages, fines, and possible punitive damages or you can be returned to your job.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption