What can I do if i paid in full for an item and they havent shipped it to me?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if i paid in full for an item and they havent shipped it to me?

I’m from Texas and I bought some rims from a well known company in California about 3 years ago and I still haven’t received them. I had kept calling and it was always a different excuse they had it got to the point to were they wanted me to go pick them up and that wasn’t an option for me. These past couple of months that I have been trying to call they are just no longer answering their phones. I need help on what I can do

Asked on March 17, 2018 under Business Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can contact the consumer fraud division of the office of the Texas Attorney General and also the consumer fraud division of the office of the California Attorney General to file a complaint against the company from which you purchased the rims.
Another alternative is to sue the company for breach of contract for not refunding your money or shipping the rims to you.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would be the amount you paid for the rims.  You can file your lawsuit in Texas. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption