What canI do if a company is taking child support out of my pay however child support has not recieved the payments.

UPDATED: Dec 7, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 7, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What canI do if a company is taking child support out of my pay however child support has not recieved the payments.

I’ve been working for 8 months and child support is automatically deducted from my pay check every two weeks. My child received nothing so I call child support and they haven’t received anything. What should I do?

Asked on December 7, 2011 under Family Law, Wisconsin


David Lee / Law Offices of David Lee

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to contact your employer immediately and inform them that any deductions from your wages for child support are to be sent to the State Disbursement Unit.  If the SDU does not receive your payments, you are not paying your child support.  It sounds like it must be some type of accounting error on the part of your employer.  You may need to provide a copy of the child support order and instructions from the SDU to your employer to make sure your payments are being sent to the correct location.


For more information on Child Support payments, visit my website at:


David Lee


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption