What can i do about my summary offense.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can i do about my summary offense.

I was caught shoplifting at target, i came to court initially and took the class (apr) I think that’s what it’s called, when i received the the class info I had to pay for the class, (I’m not sure why i thought the class was free) I couldn’t pay so I decided to forget about it and not show up, about 3-4 months later i was arrested a second time, i got that case done with, i took a program payed the fines and did the community service to get it expunged. My public defended then said i need to finish my summary, to get my second offense expunged, Any info and help would be greatly appreciated

Asked on March 16, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written, it seems that you still have matters to resolve with respect to the two criminal offenses that you have gotten yourself into. Most likely you are on some period of probation where you have to stay out of trouble. If you do, then you might be able to get the second offense expunged.

I suggest that you get copies of the two sentencing orders with respect to your crimes. When received, you need to carefully read them in that most likely the conditions and penalties for your offenses will be stated. From reading the two sentencing orders you will know what exactly you need to do to conclude your summary offense to possibly seek an expungement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption