What can i do about my car ?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can i do about my car ?

A driver with no insurance cause side
scrape damage as well as damage to my
car the car was able to leave the scene
with no insurance however i only had
liability. I had to leave the scence by
ambulance because of pregnancy problems
my other two kids was in the car as well
no injuries just more of tramatized.
What can i do about this situation?

Asked on June 13, 2019 under Accident Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you know or can find out the name and address of the driver who hit you, yoiu can sue her for the car damage, for any out of pocket ambulence or medical costs, and for other provable, quantifiable costs or expenses. You can't sue for your children being traumatized while uninjured; in accident cases (as opposed to assault or other deliberate attempts to attack or terrify a person) there is no compensaton for emotional trauma without injury.
But the question is: is it worth suing? A driver without insurance may not have money--generally, if people lack insurance, it's because they can't afford it or have nothing worth insuring (e.g. they don't care if they are sued, since there is nothing to get from them). You could sue her, win in court, and still be unable to collect or receive any compensation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption