What can I do about a tenant that is complaining about my kids?

UPDATED: Oct 18, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 18, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do about a tenant that is complaining about my kids?

I have been in my apartment for 2 years. I have a 10 year old and a 4 year old. My neighbor has complained to my landlord twice about my kids. She complained on a day that we were not even in town. I’m scared that I may get evicted. She also tells the landlord that my boyfriend stays with me. He visits, spends the night, and keep my kids when I’m working. We don’t party; we don’t play music; we don’t have kids over to our place. What can i do because I am scared of being evicted?

Asked on October 18, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately there is not much that you can do about a neighbor who is complaining about your children other than to do the following:

1. have a face to face meeting with this neighbor to clear the air and hoprfull resolve the situation so as to minimize the complaints by this person with respect to your children.

2. have a face to face meeting with your landlord about the situation in order to try and resolve the complaining by the neighbor. Follow up with this meeting with a written letter to the landlord for future need and reference.

Hopefully the two meetings will assist in resolving the source of your concern.

3. have a meeting with your children and boyfriend in order to address the reasons why your neighbor complains about your children.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption