What can I do.

UPDATED: May 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 25, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do.

My father was ruffed up and arrested this evening.He has several serious medical issues and I am concerned about his well being.I asked to see him and was refused.What can I do.The jailer said if they saw fit he would receive medical attention.I am really worried about him.

Asked on May 25, 2009 under Criminal Law, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Most jailers are actually very responsive to their prisoners medical conditions, but to get an extra measure of security, you should bring a letter outlining the medical conditions to the jail and a list of all medicines he is taking and the schedule of meds and the name of his physicians. Ideally you should have a lawyer representing him and have the lawyer do it ASAP.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption