What are the laws to be able to get them to come back to the US…if he decided to stay in Lebanon with the kids?

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are the laws to be able to get them to come back to the US…if he decided to stay in Lebanon with the kids?

If I divorced my husband…we are both Lebanese…and he took my children (who are under the age of 18) 2 girls and a boy to Lebanon.

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Family Law, California


Oksana Van Rooy, Attorney at Law / Law Offices of Oksana Van Rooy

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Irrespectively of what the laws are in Lebanon, and whether there are treaties between the two countries, international child abduction questions are very difficult and can take years to resolve. If there is any chance that he might stay in Lebanon with the kids, you should simply prevent him from taking the children abroad. You would need to ask the court for an order preventing child abduction.

You can see on the form at http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/fl341b.pdf what orders generally might be available to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption