what are ones chances for prole if its teir second time up and they have already served four out of eight years?

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what are ones chances for prole if its teir second time up and they have already served four out of eight years?

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This is impossible to answer and an academic question as what you really want to know is what YOUR chances are -- not what odds are that the average 2 time convicted criminal would win parole after serving half his sentence.

That would require knowledge as to what the crime was, whether there were special circumstances, what the judge said at sentencing, what the sentence recommendation was, what the law and custom is in your state, what your conduct in prison has been, what steps you have taken to rehabilitate yourself, whether you have been contrite and appreciate the harm you did, whether you have learned a skill you can use and gain employment outside, whether there is a mechanism in place that will almost assure that if you are released you will not revert to criminal conduct,  how crowded the prisons are in your state, etc. etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption