What are my options to get days off?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my options to get days off?

I have had 2 days off in the last 90 days and I’m also on duty fielding phone calls all night 10 or more.Are

there any laws that would provide or justify or entitle me to any time off? I am a salaried employee.

Asked on February 20, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Unless you have an employment contract or union agreement that provides when days off must be given, you have no claim here. The fact is that as long as an employee is being compensated for their time, then they can be scheduled to work much as their employer sees fit (absent some form of legally actionale discrimination). The only exceoption s for workers in the retail sector; a retail employer must allow full-time employees (dthose who work more than 30 hours in a week) at least 1 24-hour period off in 7 (i.e. each week an employee must be allowed to have a day off).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption