What are my options after getting two tickets on the same day

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my options after getting two tickets on the same day

I received a ticket in one city for running a red light and then I received
another ticket in a different city for rolling through a stop sign. I am eligible
for defensive driving.

Asked on July 12, 2018 under General Practice, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You will have to deal with each ticket separately, since they were issued in different cities and you will be going to different courts: city A has no power over city B's ticket and vice versa. The best you can do is try to negotiate more favorable pleas (e.g. fewer points) to each ticket, then take the defensive driving after to reduce further whatever points you get. Generally, if you are able and willing to pay a larger fine, you can often "trade" money for points, pleading to an offense with a larger fine but fewer points; that is something to discuss with the prosecutor on the court date.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption