What are my chances of getting my possession of marijuana charge dropped if I was charged for a single roach?

UPDATED: Sep 13, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 13, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my chances of getting my possession of marijuana charge dropped if I was charged for a single roach?

However, this is not my first possession charge in front of the same judge. I’m just hoping that because it was only a roach I could get it dropped.

Asked on September 13, 2014 under Criminal Law, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

While the amount you have stated to possess would not result in a record and be considered a minor offense as a first offense, my concern is that you may be looked at as a "repeat" offender.  That being the case I would seek legal help as soon as possible.  Perhaps speak with your layer about a drug program to enter voluntarily and before your court appearance (at least register and start). This may alleviate some of the penalty although Ohio has some pretty strict laws in this area. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption