What are my chances getting a first-time DUI charge dropped?

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my chances getting a first-time DUI charge dropped?

I have a clean record;I have a CDL license and I was operating a non-commercial vehicle. reported AC: 0.087. I’m 24 years old and I do not know the best way to approach this situation.

Asked on July 6, 2012 under Criminal Law, North Dakota


Russ Pietryga / Pietryga Law Office

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Usually, your citation will indicate that you have a certain amount of time in which to request a hearing on your driver license.  If you do not, the driver license division, who issued the license, will automatically suspend your license.  So make sure you request a hearing within the time.

If the driver license division does not suspend your license, because of your low BAC, you may be able to negotiate a plea that enables you to keep your driving privileges.  But, it will not matter if you do not prevail before the driver license division.

Hope this helps.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption