What are a list of reasons why the non-custodial parent would be denied visitation?

UPDATED: Dec 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are a list of reasons why the non-custodial parent would be denied visitation?

Also, how can you get the non-custodial parents rights terminated?

Asked on December 8, 2012 under Family Law, California


Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office of Gary W. Norris

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

This question is vague at best.  If you have a court order granting visitation--both parties have to follow it until the court makes new orders or modifies them. 

A non-custodial parent can have their parental rights terminated by a "Dependency" court for allegations of abuse, neglect, etc. You can look up a fill list of why a parent can have their rights terminated in Welfare and Instutitons Code Section 300.

It seems that you ask this question as if you are looking to feel more secure about something silly you are anticipating doing.  If you have to ask if it could result in a denial of visitation--then you probably shouldn't be doing it.  Use common sense.  Be a parent. 

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption