What actions can I take against someone I share a garage with?

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What actions can I take against someone I share a garage with?

They’re not following the guidelines stated by the landlord about not using the garage as storage. This has resulted in forcing said tenant into parking too close to my car in the garage. I do not want any damage done to my car due to this issue. I have already brought it up to the landlord but no action has been taken. is there anything legally that I can do?

Asked on June 13, 2015 under Real Estate Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Are you both tenants. If so, there is unfortunately nothing you can do if they are not following the landlord's guidelness--you, as another tenant, cannot enforce those rules. All you can do is let them know that if they do damage your car, you will sue them for the cost to repaint or repair it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption