If we have a contract with a management companythat includesa money back guarantee but they will not refund our money, what can we do?

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If we have a contract with a management companythat includesa money back guarantee but they will not refund our money, what can we do?

We are the victims of fraud. My band hired a management company to do publicity, booking, and act as our managers. We were to pay them $200 a month for this service. In their contract it is stated they would put 110% into us or money back. Over 5 months they did nothing for us but lie about opportunities. Also, they had a huge national tour for us that had an 800 buy on. It was stated that if the tour was canceled we would get refunded. The company has many numerous excuses about paying and lied. What can we do to get our money back and justice?

Asked on January 4, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

First, no one can give more than their best effort which would be a 100% effort. In your situation if there was a written money back guarantee concerning the services the management company contracted with you for and you are not satisfied with the service, I would write the company and call it on the representation seeking the return of your money. Keep a copy of the letter for future need and reference.

If you do not get the demanded refund, your option is to bring a lawsuit for the money advanced. Depending upon the amount of money of your demand, small claims court may be your option. In any event, I suggest that you consult further about your situation with a business attorney. 


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption