What are my rights if I was not provided my seizure medication in jail?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was not provided my seizure medication in jail?

I was taken to the ER for 4 seizures but was not given all of my medication when they took

me back too the jail.

Asked on May 1, 2016 under Personal Injury, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If you were injured in some lasting or significant way by the failure to give you the medicine, you may have a viable lawsuit for compensation for your injuries. If that was the case, speak with a personal injury attorney about possibly filing a suit (you also have the right to file it yourself, "pro se").
But if, as we hope, you suffered no lasting or significant harm, a law suit is not likely to be worthwhile: the law only provides compensation for what did happen, not what could have happened; so if you did not actually suffer some serious injury or large costs, there would be little or nothing to sue for.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption