Was I wrongfully terminated?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Was I wrongfully terminated?

I did 2/3 of a work day and a road supervisor informed other co-workers that he had reasonable suspicion that I may be drinking on the job. I drove to my workplace where I was smelled and questioned but they found nothing on me. I was told that I did not smell of alcohol but was asked by a supervisor,

Asked on July 7, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Indiana


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

An employee handbook is not legally binding; it is rather a guidline for workers. Further, the fact is that most work arrangments are "at will" which means that an a company can set the conditions of employment much as it sees fit; this inlcudes who to fire and why. Actually, a company can terminate a worker for any reason or no reason at all, with or withut notice, so long as their discharge does not constitute any form of legally actionable discrimintion.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption