If I as arrested for disorderly conduct but can’t remember anything from that night due to heavy intoxication, what doI do?

UPDATED: Feb 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I as arrested for disorderly conduct but can’t remember anything from that night due to heavy intoxication, what doI do?

I have never been arrested before. I do have a reckless driving offense from 4 years ago, and some unpaid parking tickets but no arrests. I was recently arrested for disorderly conduct but I don’t remember being arrested. I was heavily intoxicated. I asked the station officer that released me the next day for details and all he could say was that I was mostly verbal and resistant towards the police who had been called by the hotel front desk clerk, stating I was outside causing a disturbance I have no idea how to proceed or what to say in court.

Asked on February 12, 2012 under Criminal Law, Montana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have have been arrested for disorderly conduct in public and cannot remember what exactly happened due to overindulgence of alcohol, you will have some problem in defending yourself at trial for the simple fact that you cannot remember.

I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney right away to represent you in the matter you are writing about before you make your first appearance. I would let your criminal defense attorney handle things for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption