Warrent check

UPDATED: Oct 11, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 11, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Warrent check

I am scared i have an outstanding warrant for violation of probation. I was
unaware at time and moved out of state. Back in state and have a job, what can i

Asked on October 11, 2016 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can go online to official government sites to find out whether or not there is a local warrant out for your arrest. Just go to the city, county, state or federal website where you think there might have a warrant out for you. Also, you can call the clerk in any court in the state that you believe the warrant may be in because each state maintains a warrant database that can be accessed from any state court. Do not identify yourself, just ask if there is an outstanding warrant for your name. Additionally, you can check the public records at the county courthouse. In fact you can use the computers at the court to search warrants. Finally, there are a number of 3rd party services that have websites that can perform a warrant search for you. Some are free, and others charge a fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption