What is my legal recourse regarding vocal cord paralysis?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is my legal recourse regarding vocal cord paralysis?

I had surgery on an enlarged lymphnode. The surgeon told me I would get my voice back in 3 months. Well it’s been 9 years and I talk with just a whisper. I don’t know if I have a case but many

people have told me that I need to sue. It has been agonizing to live with.

Asked on September 23, 2017 under Malpractice Law, North Dakota


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, you don't have a case for medical malpractice because the statute of limitations has tolled (expired) which bars your claim.
The statute of limitations in North Dakota for filing a  lawsuit in a medical malpractice case is 2 years from the date of injury  or 2 years from the date it is discovered, but no longer than 6 years from the date of the injury.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption