Visitor visa for Parents, lost self passport with L1 stamped

UPDATED: Nov 13, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 13, 2017Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Visitor visa for Parents, lost self passport with L1 stamped

I am currently on an L1 visa in the U.S. My visa and I-94 are valid another 16 months. I had lost my passport with stamped visa last year but I now have a new passport. Can I issue an invite letter for my parents for visiting in the U.S.? I have all other documents from time of visa I-797, I-129S, etc. Alternatively, can my wife on L2 visa invite them. Is there a risk with daughter-in-law inviting instead of son?

Asked on November 13, 2017 under Immigration Law, Georgia


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

there is really no basis for either of you inviting your parents.  they need to apply for a visitor's visa in their own right and provide sufficient documentation to show that they are not intending immigrants and that they have sufficient ties to their home country that will ensure their return after a brief visit to the US.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption