Visa/Entry for Venezuelan

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Visa/Entry for Venezuelan

How can I get my Venezuelan girlfriend into the
US? Fiance visa maybe? She lives in the
Dominican Republic and is afraid to go back
home. Should we get married in the DR and then
file? Please assist. Thank you

Asked on September 22, 2018 under Immigration Law, New Jersey


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If you intend to get married, you can petition for her fiancee visa and she will be able to process it in the US Embassy in the DR if she can show that she has a reason for being in DR, such as employment or school.  Otherwise, she may be required to present the application for the fiancee visa in her home country.  Does she have a tourist visa to the US?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption