Vandilized car from a recent exgirlfriend break up?

UPDATED: Apr 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Vandilized car from a recent exgirlfriend break up?

I broke up with my girlfriend and 5 days later my windows on my 1956 Ford were shaterd with a brick also they throgh paint all over it she had been spreding remors that I hit her and was thretend with my life by her sister. I strongly suspected Her new boyfriend,Sister or best friends are behind the broken windows I know people that say they know who are responsible for one in my neiborhood saw any thing we just heard the loud noise when it happend and called the cops, I then made a polece report and am trying to get new helpfull information.

Asked on April 25, 2009 under Accident Law, Nevada


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Your suspicions are not all that unreasonable.

You might want to file a claim with your auto carrier for the malicious damage under the "comprehensive" portion of your policy.  You'll still have to eat the deductible.

While the police or insurance company may investigate, the odds are that she will get away with it this time. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption