Unemployment in North Carliona if your at a job who hire you after Training

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Unemployment in North Carliona if your at a job who hire you after Training

I am working for a Company in which I have to complete a training course (Drive for at least 300+ hours) in order to become a quilfied driver. upon completeing my hours that date will be my offical hire date. Am I able to draw unemployment in North Carolina (where Im from and was laid off at), from my previous job untill I complete my trainning and hired by the company?

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, North Carolina


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It depends on your state and it may depend on whether you are being paid for training. 

So, your best bet: contact the North Carolina Dept of Labor.  Only you would know if you are being paid for training -- that will be a big indicator if you can still be paid unemployment.


and also try


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption