Underage drinking

UPDATED: Oct 23, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 23, 2017Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Underage drinking

I am in Pennsylvania and received a citation for underage drinking. I wasn’t driving
a car, I was in someone’s apartment. But in PA, getting caught anywhere with
underage drinking results in 90 day suspension of driver’s license. But my
question is, since I am from New York and have a New York driver’s license, will
my license still be suspended for the 90 days?

Asked on October 23, 2017 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

In the case you describe, both state's laws:
Since you received a citation for underage drinking in PA, if there is any non-license punishment that goes with the citation (like a fine), you'll get what PA gives you. But since NY regulates its own licenses, NY will decide what to do with your license given the citation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption