Trying to seperate

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Trying to seperate

My drunken husband refuses to move out. How can I get him out of MY house in order to start the separation?

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Family Law, North Carolina


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

from what your saying I assume you already went through the motions to file the paperwork and at this point he is just not complying. If that's the case I advise to call your lawyer if you had one or on your own file a contempt motion based on his refusing to follow a court ordered separation agreement

if however you have not yet filed or the action has not been brought you need to do that before being able to kick him out. One issue is if the house is your in your name alone you can try to have him removed for trespassing than file a restraining notice against him if that is something you feel is necessary. I would suggest consulting with a local attorney about your options and they can help you navigate the system

Good luck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption